•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Perchance to Dream: Theatre Illuminata #2 by Lisa Mantchev


I love all Theatre Illuminata covers. The first one was so pretty. And have you guys notice how Bertie apparently likes dresses with no sleeves? She likes her shoulders free! Ariel looks kind of like the vampire from Castlevania, a Playstation game; though Ariel would be a younger version. Nate is in the background, and the faeries are all around. All the characters in one page!

Let me post a little summary:

Act Two, Scene One

Growing up in the enchanted Thèâtre Illuminata, Beatrice Shakespeare Smith learned everything about every play ever written. She knew the Players and their parts, but she didn’t know that she, too, had magic. Now, she is the Mistress of Revels, the Teller of Tales, and determined to follow her stars. She is ready for the outside world.

Enter BERTIE AND COMPANY

But the outside world soon proves more topsy-turvy than any stage production. Bertie can make things happen by writing them, but outside the protective walls of the Thèâtre, nothing goes as planned. And her magic cannot help her make a decision between—

Nate: Her suave and swashbuckling pirate, now in mortal peril.

Ariel: A brooding, yet seductive, air spirit whose true motives remain unclear.

When Nate is kidnapped and taken prisoner by the Sea Goddess, only Bertie can free him. She and her fairy sidekicks embark on a journey aboard the Thèâtre’s caravan, using Bertie’s word magic to guide them. Along the way, they collect a sneak-thief, who has in his possession something most valuable, and meet The Mysterious Stranger, Bertie’s father—and the creator of the scrimshaw medallion. Bertie’s dreams are haunted by Nate, whose love for Bertie is keeping him alive, but in the daytime, it’s Ariel who is tantalizingly close, and the one she is falling for. Who does Bertie love the most? And will her magic be powerful enough to save her once she enters the Sea Goddess’s lair?

Extra Info:

Hardcover: 352 pages
To Be Published: May 25, 2010.

My review of Eyes Like Stars, an awesome novel and the first book in the Theatre Illuminata series.

Adios!

18 comments:

  1. Love that cover too!

    This looks like a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book yet. Is it good? The look of this book makes me think that I should look into the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting cover!

    I still have to read the first book, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds kind of awesome! But I still haven't read the first one...(I know. Crazy, right?) I guess I'll have to move this series up on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (THIS COMMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS TO EYES LIKE STARS)

    I love the new cover! But I thought Bertie liked Nate, not Ariel! That part was confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the cover to the second book. It's gorgeous :]

    -Kay
    Darling Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I really love this cover! Can't wait for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amberskye Dude the book is awesome, read it now Lol

    *SOILERS, maybe*

    @Kirthi Yeah well you know how Nate got kidnapped and stuff? Well after that Bertie started hanging out a lot with Ariel and now she is confused. I like Ariel... But I don't know Nate that much so, it may change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally with you - these covers are awesome! Still got to read the first one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the cover!!! So PRETTY! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the first book so am anxious for this one. The cover is great although the blonde dude creeps me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the art style of this cover artist, the hair especially is gorgeous *__*

    also, I've got an award for you here =)
    http://angeltyuan.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh lala, the cover is beautiful! You know I still haven't read Eyes Like Stars? I really need to get on that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ninefly thank you so much! You are such a doll!!

    @Eleni I cannot believe you! Whyyy!!?? Read it, or be forever forsaken to lose the chance to read a fantastic book O.o

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa.

    that cover is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gahhh I am having a no hitting night. Yet another book I have not read

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...