•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Friday 22 January 2010

My Current Read: Bleeding Violet

I am going to do this post more often. Every time I start a new book and am half way though it I am going to do a post about how it's going so far, my suspicions, doubts, wonders, etc. I think it will be a great way to get you familiar with the book before I do a complete review on it. Kind of like dipping your toes on the water before diving in.

My current read is Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves. I cannot believe it took me so long to start this book. It's amazing! Completely an utterly insane which is what makes it pop and sparkle. Such a great find, and such a great read.

The main character Hanna hits her aunt on the head with a rolling pin and runs off to find her birth mother Rosalie. She soon finds out that Rosalie is so NOT the perfect mother, in fact I don't think she has a motherly fiber in her being. Did I mention Hannah is completely insane? Though I am starting to wonder where the insane stops and the special starts. I have my suspicions she is more than a very insane girl who is obsessed with violet and being loved/accepted.


Here is a summary of the book:

Love can be a dangerous thing.... Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.

But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.

I strongly believe this summary doesn't completely encompass the insanity of the novel. The novel and the characters just go against any common sense! With the summary you would just think Hannah is a sick mental patient, but she is so much more than that. I love how Dia Reeves has managed to captured the essence of Hannah and make us love her. Even though you know you should feel worried for your well being around her you just can't help but cheer her on like if you were her best friend.

Now guys play nice and meet Hannah:

"Don't make fun of me, Wyatt. I remember thinking that night in the dark park that you were a robot. I remember wanting to cut you open with the machete to see the gears with my own eyes."
-Hannah
Pg. 237

Creepy right? The way Dia writes it, it's like so normal. Like everybody had the need to open up somebody from time to time. Some normal activity, like wanting to eat ice cream or watch a movie. Sure, normal, until you read it a second time and your like 'Wait a minute...WHAAT!'. I'm telling you, so much fun this novel.

This is going to be one of my favorite reads of 2010, perhaps my first favorite read of 2010.

11 comments:

  1. I'm reading this book too and it is pretty different but not in a bad way. Haven't really got into it (as in can't put it down) but I'm sure it'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST get this book! I've heard nothing but good things about it. It looks amazing. Glad to hear that you are liking it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this, I'm waiting for my copy to come in the mail !(I hate slow postal service)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading everywhere that this is a very "strange" book, but after reading this post, I think it might be right up my alley. It definitely sounds intriguing!

    P.S. I like the idea of this post before the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to read this now! Great review. Love the creepy excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Err I mean great pre review. Sorry got away with myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to start this one. I loved your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get to this one. I have an aRC of it in my review pile and you've got me really excitd to read it. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm trying to get my hands on this book and it sounds really good. can't wait for your review

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book does sound insane! I can't wait to read it..

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...