•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Cryer's Cross


Cryer's Cross is this new novel by Lisa McMann, author of the Wake series. Lisa writes suspenseful sort of creepy novels, and this new one is a ghost one! I am expecting a lot of great things out of this book, and from this next quote I am going to show you I think I might just get what I want.


WE

    When it is over, We breathe and ache like old oak, like peeling birch. One of Our lost souls set free. We move, a chess piece in the dark room, cart-iron legs a centimeter at a time, crying our in silent carved graffiti. Calling to Our next victim, Our next savior. We carve on Our face:

Touch me.
Save my soul.

That quote alone is enough to want to read the entire book. Lisa McMann really has a talent for putting pictures in your head and making you cringe. I also really like her style of writing. Another thing, the cover? Yikes! (a good yikes)

If you want to read an excerpt of the book then click here, if you wish to read a summary first then click here.

Have fun  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I really like the sound of this. I already have it on my wishlist.

    Come and link reviews of books with a Love Triangle on this week's Read My Review

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...