•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 27 March 2010

******Super Cover Alert******

Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Publish Date: 5 Oct 2010

O...M...GOD!!!!! Isn't it lovely? Wonderful? Wow? Beautiful? Delicate? Amazing?

Here is a fun sneak-peek from the book! (from Melissa's Website)

There were seven of us at the inception of the order. A conclave was called to address the growing threat posed by the Paths of the Dead. Along with myself, present at the gathering were the Emperor’s cousin Gemellus, a weakling; Octilla and Halcyon from the vestal virgins; the head of the Imperial Army, General Alexandrus; Pantaelum, a trusted senator and Onbasius, a healer.

In my prodigious research, I have determined that Halcyon was most likely the keeper of the Gate of Promise, the third known Gate of Hell. I have come to the conclusion that this gate is instrumental in uncovering the truth behind the continued existence of our supposedly vanquished enemies. This is the gate we must focus on, the most important one in the lot.

-From the personal journal of Lawrence Van Alen

Great sneak-peek, and I LOVE THIS COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! They just keep getting better and better don't they? Let's see if this is true...

Rating: By Hearts of course ;]


Caption: Too pale, but nice beginning. Love the city on the bottom.



Caption: Love the mask, and the eyes are gorgeous.



Caption: Ugh the tattoo looks like it was just put on the cover instead of the girl's neck.



Caption: Love at first sight. God this cover is just gorgeous. The model, the pose, the city on the bottom, the perfect red lips... Yeah.



Caption: What I like about this cover is the mystery it portrays. This book is about looking at the inside of the novel so to speak, the details and stuff, and this cover is portraying just that, us looking in. Also love the eye, reminds me of the Masquerade cover eyes.


Anyways, had you guys seen the new cover already? Am I that behind? Or not? Let me know!

PS; Last, but not least, let me give you a fun sneak-peek from the book Keys to the Repository.

From Schuyler’s story:

Three stolen kisses—what did it matter, really? Jack was never going to be her boyfriend, she thought, as she turned right onto 96th street. He was never going to sling his arm around her as they walked down the hall, never take her to Winter Ball, never declare his love over the PA system by mangling the lyrics to “Come on Eileen” as Jamie Kip did so charmingly last week when he serenaded Ally Elly before the Head Girl had cut him off. But Schuyler didn’t want any of that—did she? She had never yearned for popularity. It struck her as absurd anyway, to want popularity. Popularity was fickle and elusive, like trying to catch fireflies in a jar. You were either born with it or relegated to wallflower status according to the mysterious and unknowable workings of the universe.

PPS; LOOOVE THE COVER!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. I do love the cover of the new book. Thanks for sharing this.

    I wonder who it is supposed to be. I'm pretty certain that the last one was Mimi and the one before that was Bliss.

    Any guesses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I very rarely buy a book because of its cover, but I have to admit that this is one of the series where I did buy the first book just because of its cover. I still haven't read the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your cover ratings. The last two covers are my absolute favorite. I really love the cities at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is amazing! I just read the first book and bought the second, so I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ChristinaT I would guess Schuyler, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that I think this is the best cover yet! Talk about pretty.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I agree that they keep getting better. Glad to see no one is getting lazy on this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah the covers have definitely gotten better ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! The misguided angel cover is actually my favorite cover. I love the detail/ how well it fits the novels.
    I may have to draw out some cash and buy this book, instead of my usual visits to the library.
    I've never seen the "keys to to the revolution" cover though. It looks a little dark.... Is this s part of the series that I missed, or is it a inside guide type of thing... that I also missed??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of Misguided Angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of where I saw the cover for the first time. HERE! Lol, thank goddess.

    I love, love, love the cover. I was on your page one day and stopped to ooh and aww at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover for the new book. For this series, the covers are either hit or miss. For example, I love the mask and the one with the veil, but I am not a fan of the others. Oh well :D
    kghobbs(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...