•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 8 March 2010

Cover Spotlight!!!!!!

(+5 in contest if you comment)


TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't read Changeless (I'm dying to though) and the book cover for Blameless (third book in the Parasol series) is already out. This guys work faast.

Have you ever wondered how they do this beautiful covers? Well, the cover artist is so awesome she made a video of making the cover. Sure the video doesn't take as long as actually making the cover, but you can at least see the works.


There is also a post that goes with this video, I suggest you read it.

And here is a Blameless blurb:

**SPOILERS**

Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season. Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, the fact that all of London's vampires are now very much interested in seeing Alexia quite thoroughly dead. While Lord Maccon elects to get progressively more inebriated and Professor Lyall desperately tries to hold the Woolsey werewolf pack together, Alexia flees England for Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. Only they know enough about the preternatural to explain her increasingly inconvenient condition, but they may be worse than the vampires -- and they're armed with pesto.

**END SPOILERS**

To tell you the truth I didn't read it. Cause I haven't read Changeless!!! And I don't wanna know...

But on a bright note, do you guys love Gail Carriger? The author of this series? Well she is going to be having tea here at Bloody Bookaholic VERY soon. How soon? Well it's a surprise. And as usual I might be giving away one of her books to a very lucky winner. Her books are to die for, she is that awesome.

The other two books in the series are Soulless and Changeless


Soulless Blurb:

Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she is being rudely attacked by a vampire to whom she has not been properly introduced! Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire, and the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?


Changeless Blurb:

Alexia Tarabotti, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria. But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her to Scotland, the backwater of ugly waistcoats, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only the soulless can. She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.

Enjoy, and READ THEM!

45 comments:

  1. This series looks awesome!

    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this series but I've never actually read them! This cover looks really nice and I liked the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read the others yet either, although Soulless is on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just saw the author tweet this! reading soulless right now, I'm really looking forward to the rest of this series 8D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's an awesome cover! I've read Soulless and I loved it. I'm anxiously awaiting the release date for Changeless. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... haven't heard of these, but will add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover!! When I saw it, the way the title was formatted, it looked like the Fearless series' covers by Francesa Lia Block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. first, the cover is fantastic.
    second, the video was very cool.
    third, I cannot WAIT to get my hands on Changeless and Blameless! Soulless was awesome and is one of my all time favorite reads. I actually have in on my bedside table ready to read at any point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Soulless...can't wait for Changeless...but Blameless is my favorite cover! Wow..awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's really cool how they made the cover.
    I really need to start reading this series. They sound like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was so cool! And that cover is gorgeous! I loved Soulless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that video was so cool! I had no idea that much work went into making covers. The artist took images from everywhere and put them all together - amazing!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats so cool!
    I like these covers.
    I want to get the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOSH!!! what scandal? ugh! I cannot wait for Changeless. It hasn't been released yet. We only have to count the days and now I have to wait again for Blameless. This is torture!

    And yes the covers are always so pretty and very very Alexia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOSH! why? what scandal? ugh! What sort of trouble Lord Maccon got in Changeless. At least now we're only counting the days. Then we'll have to wait for Blameless all over again!!! This is madness.

    And yes the covers are alwyas sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the email to, I wished the video was slower so I could pick some tricks for myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. This series has some of the prettiest covers out there!

    That was a really awesome video! It's crazy to see how much effort they put into a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. I have heard a little bit about this series. The covers are a unique combo. of Victorian and the modern world. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeez that was fast. Making the cover looks like fun but time consuming. Thanks for sharing babez!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I can't to read Changeless. I loved Soulless when I read it last month - I think it was my highest rated book all month. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Very cool video. Nice to know how they
    make the covers. I haven't read this series
    yet, but will definitely be looking into the
    books. All the covers are pretty cool! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just bought Soulless and preordered Changeless! Have heard multiple very good reviews on this one and I simply cannot resist anymore, haha. The cover art for the new book is just beautiful. I really like that lady in red. Simply amazing! Thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow ! how they do the covers¿? awesome^^ I used pS too!

    kisses!!

    PD: im in the ridiculous contest!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like an interesting series of books.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh you just reminded me that I have Soulless on my shelf! Borrowed it from a friend :). It is now the next book I will read, and I loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are some pretty awesome covers, and that video is so cool! Kinda wish I could sit here and watch it at about half that speed, but so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. awww..i dont even read the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The covers aren't my cup of tea, but I've read great reviews for the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm dying to read Souless I have had it on my shelf for a while but I have such a stack of books to get through before I can allow myself to read that one. I love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I reas Souless. I thought it was Ok but It didn't really make me want to read the next book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the video- I greatly enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't read any of the books in this series but I really want to. They all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really interesting. I love the cover

    ReplyDelete
  34. The cover is gorgeous!

    I just checked out Soulless this week from the library, but I haven't gotten to read it yet. I've heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have Souless, but haven't has a chance to read it yet. I really need to get on that.

    I love the Blameless cover. I think it is the best one, the gargoyle, the city, and her dress are all just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I didn't know about this series. But looks good

    ReplyDelete
  37. This sounds like a great series to read. I love the cover.

    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've heard of them, although I haven't read them yet. But now I'm getting curious about it. I think I'm going to read it. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So cool to see how they create a cover! I adore all the covers in this series, although sadly I have yet to start reading them. I definitely need to rectify that!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I haven't read any book in this series but I am dying to read each and every one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These covers are pretty cool. I wish there was a making-of of every book cover. I'm a designer in training and I find it so interesting to see how those lovely covers come into being.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I haven't read the series either. The covers look pretty cool though. For some reason it kind of reminds me of a magazine for movies.
    The video was interesting. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Gonna take a look at those books.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've heard of this series, but haven't read it yet. I love how the covers are a mix of the Victorian era and modern world. It creates a nice contrast. :D
    kghobbs(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...