•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Lost and Found (1)

So as I was going through my walk around the blog spehere I came across this cover at Pure Imagination which looked strangely familiar...

It may be just me, but doesn't it ring a bell in your brain?

...
..
.

No? What about... The Mortal Instruments bell? Ding Ding Ding! You know that series by Cassandra Clare that ended so awesomely and now its going to have a pre series called The Infernal Devices? Yeah, well the first time I saw the cover I thought Cassandra was writing another book (or perhaps she changed the name of the 4th book in The Mortal Instruments series) but no, this one is by Jackie Morse Kessler, an author I had never known about but that has made a very good, though strange, impression in my brain. She has picked a side in my memory and is here to stay.

Maybe they both have the same cover artist, because not only is the cover awesome but it definitely has a resemblance with Cassandra's series. I think I found The Mortal Instruments cousin. Cover wise I mean.

Anyways, yeah it may be only me, but I definitely see a resemblance. Here is a summary of this book so you get a little bit more familiar with it.

“Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.”

Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?


Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons? "

Hmm interesting enough. But to tell you the truth I would have read the book even without the summary... because of the cover. YES I judge a book by its cover, I know it's not right, but damn it that's the way it is with moi.

18 comments:

  1. When I saw this cover, I thought it looked a bit like Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. Strange...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover's gorgeous, and it sounds like it'll be interesting. I've added it to my TBR list. And I can't wait for the Infernal Devices!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the cover of this (as well as the description) but it kind of reminds me of the U.S. cover of Incarceron for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I never thought of the Mortal Instruments books when I saw this cover. Maybe I am just blind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't remind me of MI's. It reminds me of Incarceron (Incarceron, Book 1) by Catherine Fisher. Take a look at that one and compare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It resembles the Incareron book cover I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always judge books by their covers. ;] Based on this one, I would most definitely pick it up! Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is an award waiting for you over at my blog http://www.starshadowblog.com/2010/03/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no I concur, if it has a good cover I will pick it up without even reading the jacket....covers sell books!

    That cover...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the cover looks really pretty. Hehe. It seems like an interesting book too. I miiiight read it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have read it too. I judge a book by it's cover and I'm not afraid to admit it....

    ReplyDelete
  12. See I haven't read Incarceron so I didn't make that connection, still whenever I see it I think is TMI... My brain thinks funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking Incarceron as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Kirthi and Girl on a Mission. I immediately thought of Incarceron. Maybe it's the colors...

    I'm dying for Infernal Devices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate to admit I too will sometimes judge a book by its cover! But even be that the summary of this book does grab me as well. I'll be interested to check out reviews on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to admit! I too tend to judge a book by its cover...so you are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, pretty cover. And the Four Horseman of the Apocalpyse?? That is very interesting. Think I'll have a deeper look into it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think they recycle covers for the consumer. I know they say don't judge a book by its cover, but lets face it...cover matters. :D
    kghobbs(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...