•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 20 March 2010

**Drop Jaw Here; Another Must Not Miss**

First off is Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.
(click image & go to main page)

I gotta say, other than the cover I can't find anything else on the book. But as soon as I can I will post. In concerns to the cover well, I say it's pretty, kind of dreamy. BUT the first one is still my fav. One thing is you can see the relationship between the two books so great!

Other books in the series:
(Click for my review)



•-♥-•

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 496 pages
Publish Date: August 31, 2010

Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length . . . everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. . . . and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

Eeeeks! I love the cover. Even though it's a different series, you know it has some relation to The Mortal Instruments series. I can't stop staring at it...

Ok, now I got more info for you. This is something I found at Cassandra's site:

"As promised earlier, the cover for Clockwork Angel is now up over at Entertainment Weekly’s Shelf Life! The article also contains an awesome interview with my editor about what you can expect from Clockwork Angel, some teasers about the story, and a link to a sweepstakes contest to win an ARC."

So, what are you waiting for? CLICK HERE and read it all! Also if you would like a sneak peek click here and read an excerpt from Chapter 8.

•-♥-•

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publish Date: April 27, 2010

"Things have turned black at the House of Night. Zoey Redbird’s soul has shattered. With everything she’s ever stood for falling apart, and a broken heart making her want to stay in the Otherworld forever, Zoey’s fading fast. It’s seeming more and more doubtful that she will be able pull herself back together in time to rejoin her friends and set the world to rights. As the only living person who can reach her, Stark must find a way to get to her. But how? He will have to die to do so, the Vampire High Council stipulates. And then Zoey will give up for sure. There are only 7 days left…
Enter BFF Stevie Rae. She wants to help Z but she has massive problems of her own. The rogue Red Fledglings are acting up, and this time not even Stevie Rae can protect them from the consequences. Her kinda boyfriend, Dallas, is sweet but too nosy for his own good. The truth is, Stevie Rae’s hiding a secret that might be the key to getting Zoey home but also threatens to explode her whole world.
In the middle of the whole mess is Aphrodite: ex-Fledgling, trust-fund baby, total hag from Hell (and proud of it). She’s always been blessed (if you could call it that) with visions that can reveal the future, but now it seems Nyx has decided to speak through her with the goddess’s own voice, whether she wants it or not. Aphrodite’s loyalty can swing a lot of different ways, but right now Zoey’s fate hangs in the balance.
Three girls… playing with fire… if they don’t watch out, everyone will get Burned."

I know this is not new here. BUT the next thing I am going to post IS new.

New Never-Before-Seen Lines from the book Burned!!!!

"No, Zoey." Heath sounded pissed. "It's not okay here. Not for you." "Well, maybe that's 'cause I'm not dead. Yet."

--~--

Stevie Rae looked from vampyre to vampyre. "Here's a newsflash... Zoey isn't dead. And believe me, I know dead. I've been there, done that, and for the frickin' tee-shirt."

Just so you know the two lines are not related, they are probably from different chapters. Hope this got you super excited for the next book. I have a feeling this one may not suck. Yay!!! At least I like the first line, it let's you know Heath is in this book. Eeeks! I love Heath... =[

21 comments:

  1. I'm excited for all three of these books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clockwork Angel looks so awesome. The cover looks amazing and it sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to Clockwork Angel. Thanks for the link to the excerpt! I have a feeling this series will be just as amazing as The Mortal Instruments.

    I agree with you about the Beautiful Darkness cover. I really like how the cover of Beautiful Creatures has the creepy trees in the background and the gate on the cover of BD is not quite as good. Maybe the gate will have a symbolic meaning to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to see what Beautiful Darkness is about.
    As for Burned, im not a big fan of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these yet - but they all look/sound fantastic! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Beautiful Darkness cover looks gorgous. I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet, and have been wanting to. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like these covers just keep getting better and better. I can't wait to get my hands on Beautiful Darkness and Clockwork Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I still have to read Beautiful Creatures! It's good to know that the sequel is coming out, though.

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I can't wait for all these books! I love the covers for all of them, too. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. De San Juan, y tengo familia en Guaynabo y Carolina ... yo acabo de llegar de alla lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh oh oh how exciting! I just got Beautiful Creatures from the library and I didn't even know there was a next book! EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited for Clockwork Angel! I LOVE Cassandra Clare!

    I have BC at home, I still need to read it!

    Great books ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am excited about the new beautiful creatures! I just dont know about the cover

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally looking forward to read Clockwork Angel. I am always into anything "magic-related" and this sure sounds like something that would intrigue me. But heck, as if there are any books by Clare that fail to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clockwork Angel is my most anticipated, then Beautiful Darkness (I like to cover but prefer the first one and kind of wish they had done something a bit more different and original)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited I know a lot of people bag on The House Of Night series but I love them! I'm really excited about Burned and can't wait for the release. And also I can't wait to see all the drama between Zoey and Heath! Soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah. I kinda don't like the Beautiful Darkness cover that much. Like Clockwork Angel!! And Burned is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Darkness complements Beautiful Creatures absolutely!! Love it for that! And Clockwork Angel looks fabulous too... Not much in favor of the Burned cover..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I think I'm agreeing with you on the fact that this one may not suck. I like the first line too. I friggin' cried when Heath...you know. Not going to say in case people who haven't read it yet don't get it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so excited about Beautiful Darkness! I can't wait. I am hoping to meet the authors at ALA. :D
    kghobbs(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...