•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 27 June 2009

YA Book Carnival Winners (^ ")><(" ^)

And its over! I notified the 1st winner yesterday, and the second winner today.

Congratulations to Alexa and Laurel!

Alexa, the first winner, answered me right away, and she chooce the surprise book. Ding Ding Ding! Jackpot! Anyways I know every single one of you want to know about the surprise book, and I won't keep you waiting anymore!

The surprise book is... Vampire Academy!

After two years on the run, best friend Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy. Up until then, Rose has kept Lissa safe from her enemies; school, however, brings both girls additional challenges and responsibilities. How they handle peer pressure, nasty gossip, new relationships, and anonymous threats may mean life or death. Likable narrator Rose hides doubts about her friend behind a tough exterior; orphan Lissa, while coping with difficult emotional issues such as depression and survivor's guilt, uses her emerging gifts for good.

Taschima:

This book has been a popular one for a while, with the fourth book in the series, Blood Promise, coming soon, so I thought I should share the love with the world! Call it my Bookaholic duty.

Blood Promise is in my top list of the To-Buy books, and if you have read the first 3 books in the series, it must be in yours too.

Laurel, the second winner, got Daniel X! Which is also a must read. I will mail the books shortly!

Other than the super contest...

I am super duper happy! I have 100 followers! I was going to do something special for the 100 folowers, but, with the YA Carnival and the other contest I have going on I decided to wait till I get to 150. So keep up the love people! and Thanks to all of you!

I have also received two awards!
Thanks to Briana from The Book Pixie & Eleni from La Femme Readers.


The rules for the Lemonade Award:

-Link back to the person he/she received the award from
-Nominate 10 bloggers who are deserving of this award
-Put the Lemonade Award logo on your blog

About the Humane Award, which was created by Eleni.

This award is to honor certain bloggers that are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. I thank them and look forward to our growing friendship trhough the blog world.

Rules:

-Nominate 10 bloggers you feel deserve the Humane Award

I am going to nominate 10 people for both awards.

- The Penguin from Pirate Penguin's Reads
- Zombie Girrrl from Crackin' Spines & Takin' Names.
- Jane from Life After Jane
- Shayla from The Book Explorer
-Megan from The Book Geek
- Amanda from The Zen Leaf

Eleni and Briana are totally worth of this award also, but I thought to name some more people!

Now I have to find someplace to put them... Woot!

PS; I disabled the Word Verification, So please, no spamming!

7 comments:

  1. Aw, you're so sweet. I'll include them in my Sunday Salon post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Vampire Academy series but I've heard from friends that they are really good. I'm going to look for them at the bookstore next time I'm there.

    -Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Thanks so much Taschima! That's so sweet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girrrl! Now I really, REALLY need to get on that post! And don't worry, I'm not gonna let it die, I love this blog, I've just been swamped this week.
    Congrats to Alexa and Luarel! Hurray for y'all! I totally loved your surprise book thing, if I'd won, I would've opted for the mystery book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think im going to do the surprise book more often ^^

    I think u guys like it a lot so ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Alexa and Laurel!

    and thank you Taschi!!! ::hugs:: I think Monday's project is going to be making a slideshow of my awards :D

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...