•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Teaser Tuesday II

And well, am here, yet again, posting the Teaser Tuesday at 10:53, late again! But well better late than ever right?

 The new Teaser for today will be from my current read City of Glass. 

"Clary," Luke said. "Clary, are you alright?"
His voice sounded thick, strange. She looked at him, and the breath died in her throat. His ears had grown long and pointed, his teeth razor-sharp, his eyes a fierce yellow...
- City of Glass, pg.65

And that's it for today mates! You like it? Have some of you actually read the book? I'm in the process, not even in this page yet, but I like the series in a general sense so looking forward for this page and more. 

And since I don't want to do a new post I want to share with you guys a piece of poetry I found today, read, and loved. It's a poem by Emily Dickinson called Because I could not stop Death.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste, 
And I had put away
My labor, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school, where children strove
At recess, in the ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

Or rather, he passed us;
The dews grew quivering and chill,
For only gossamer my gown,
My tippet only tulle.

We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries, and yet each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity.

I think it's enchanting. I like it, do you? Hope the post wasn't to long, but I just had to share it with all of you. Kind of like when your a kid and you find out Santa Claus is not real, you need to know if the other kids knew it too, and if they did what they're thoughts are about it.

2 comments:

  1. The Mortal Instruments is a great series. I loved all the books. :)

    Annnd! I've heard that poem before! I like it as well. Wow, haven't read it in such a long time though. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is tantalizing. It has a really calm atmosphere to it.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...