•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 25 June 2009

Wishing on Wednesday (On Thursday?) and more...

Yet again... ugh, apperantly lighting does not strike a third time. I have done nothing for the past two days, and its horrible. Ive been a tad M.I.A. The other bloggers have posted and posted, and since there are lots of posts I decided to start fresh and start commenting again since now. Cause If I check all the post I'm not going to be able to sleep, and I have work tomorrow. *gasp* Taschima has a job? Yeap, I do. There's a lot u guys don't know about me lol, but you do know the most important part, I'm a Bookaholic.

And the book im pinning for this week iiiiisss....

Sixteen year old Anne thinks her life is pretty ordinary – until
she smacks into handsome, mysterious, and okay, annoying Ethan on her way to chemistry class. Now Anne has powers she doesn’t understand, a history altering mission she may not want, and a growing attraction to this blue-eyed stranger. And Ethan- who at eighteen made some choices he’s starting to regret – realizes that Anne is the girl for whom he’s been searching – for a very, very long time. Stir in doomed Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia – who is definitely not quite as dead as the history books say – and Baba Yaga, the legendary witch from Russian folklore, and you’ve got DREAMING ANASTASIA, a contemporary YA fantasy that alternates between the voices of Anne, Ethan, and Anastasia as Anne and Ethan join forces to battle the bad guys and save Anastasia. Only problem is – no one’s quite sure who’s really bad and who’s good. And everyone has some secrets.

Dreaming Anastasia is set for a Fall '09 release, from Sourcebooks

I am facinated by Anastasia's stories, or hypotesis, or however you want to call it. There is so much mystery and secrecy behind the whole plot. I love the disney movie of Anastasia, and I, with no doubt, would love this book, if I only had my hands on it, or rather teeth, so I could devour it.

Another thing, Don't you just love the cover?

Since I was a bad girl these past days (and didn't post) Im doing a double post, and yes, U guessed it...

Time for another round at US vs UK

US

UK

This one is tough, cause I like both. But, I guess my vote has to go for the US one to be honet. The UK one is rather fancy, more quality to the eye, but the US is more to the story. The US represents the story better than the UK will ever. In the UK you get to see the pretty girl, and the house. On the US one you see the mystery, the darkness, the goth part of the story. But dont get me wrong, I love the UK one also, I just like the first one a little better. It's more fitting.

Time's up. I am hella tired. Thanks for stalking me to my followers!

PS; The YA Carnaval Contest ends tomorrow, will announce the secret book on saturday, or when the rightful owner answers my call (CHECK EMAILS!). U might want to come by tomorrow...

If u want to sign up, since this will probably be your only chance, go to the Current Contest section of the blog. ^^

I was going to post my J.R. Ward review tomorrow, but since I have to talk about the contest I don't want to do an extra long post, and also I don't want to advert your eyer from the prize ;]

10 comments:

  1. Dreaming Anastasia sounds like a really good book. Can't wait for it to come out.

    Honestly, I like the US version of Glass Houses. There's just something mysterious about the cover that draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. US vs UK ... Honest opinion the UK version looks like a cover of something about girls and gossip... and the US looks more Gothic rebel girl..
    I have to vote for the US looks more darker.
    If I see cover on a vampire book with a cute simple girl..I wouldn't buy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreaming Anastasia does have a beautiful cover.

    I actually liked the UK version of Glass Houses. I've not even heard of the book, so I'm going on aesthetics alone, but the US one looks a little RL Stine cheesy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo! I can't wait to see what the mystery book is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, I'm torn between the two covers - I think the US did win this time, cause the girl is more gothy, but I do love both backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the UK one and it is supposed to glow in the dark :) Not checked mine though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the US cover better-

    AND I love the cover of Dreaming Anastasia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first time I heard Anastasia's story, it freaked me out, but it also interested me. I long forgot about her though, until now. Maybe I'll read this book when it comes out. And by the way, I've been M.I.A for the past ten days, so don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the US cover better. It leaves more for the reader to picture. It also looks more gothicy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was the last week of school; I had grad and stuff. And then I had some random classes to go to, and I wasn't home in the evening for a while. I posted the day right after school was over!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...