•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Friday 5 June 2009

Turning Books Into Movies



I got a new one. Maximum Ride, a series by James Patterson, is being sacrificed and given to the greedy hands of Hollywood. Why are people turning so many good books into movies? I am crossing my fingers that this movie will be actually good. I loved the Maximum Ride books, that is until I read The Final Warning. After that one I'm kinda in between reading or skipping the last book MAX- which I have on my TBR pile.

For those who don't know about the maximum ride books let me give you a little overview. Maximum Ride is a book by James Patterson, consisting of five books. The series tells the story of Max and her flock, six kids who were experimented on since before birth. The result? Their DNA is 98% human... and 2% bird. That small two percent makes a huge difference: the kids have wings! Now the flock has escaped from the clutches of mad scientists and is on the run, trying to save the world.

The crew of Maximum Ride:

Maximum Ride is being produced by Avi Arad, the producer of the X-men and Spiderman movies, as well as Iron Man!

Catherine Hardwicke is also directing the film. Catherine has directed Twilight, Lords of Dogtown, and Thirteen.

The screenplay is being written by Don Payne, who also wrote My Super Ex-Girlfriend and The Simpsons.

No cast has been mentioned... that I know of. What do you think about this? Good or bad idea?

5 comments:

  1. I am always wary of books that are made into movies. It kills me when it goes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought i heard somewhere that the uglies series was supposed to become movies.. but i'm not sure.
    don't read Max. It was horrible. A complete disappointment

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no,i'm scared they'll ruin it!
    I'm not so sure about catherine hardwicke directing it after watching twilight..
    i wonder who they going to cast ask max..hopefully not one of those 'disney' girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think Uglies is suppose to become a movie too, I THINK I saw the trailer, but you never know >.<

    If I find it again Ill post it here ;)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...