•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 15 August 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


Title: The Time Traveler's Wife
Author: Audrey Fiffenegger
Pages: 536
Publisher: Harcourt
Tags: Romance, Fiction
Recommended to: The Notebook Fans
Rating:

"Love you... Always... World Enough... And Time..."

A dazzling novel in the most untraditional fashion, this is the remarkable story of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap, and it is Audrey Niffenegger's cinematic storytelling that makes the novel's unconventional chronology so vibrantly triumphant. An enchanting debut and a spellbinding tale of fate and belief in the bonds of love, The Time Traveler's Wife is destined to captivate readers for years to come

Taschima:

First thing I'm going to tell you is, I love romance novels. Second thing is, this book is breath taking. And third thing is, R-E-A-D I-T N-O-W.

Henry is a normal guy, on the outside that is. Genetically speaking he is all messed up. This is because he is a time travelers. Now you might think this is all fun and games, but really is not, is much rather a pain in the butt. But after living a life full of pain and grief, time traveling seem to pay off in the form of Clare, Henry's lover, and soul mate.

Where can I start? the beginning? The end? I mean time don't matter much in this novel so why go with whats chronologically correct?

The novel is writing in two perspectives, Henry's and Clare's. Which I am thankful for cause this way we get to see both sides of the story and go more in depth. There is a time order, but at the same time there isn't. It can be in 2000 then jump back to 1990, or go forward to 2056. But there is always a reason for this.

The novel felt to me like a big puzzle who's parts didn't quite fit. Until you keep reading and it all falls, gracefully, into place. You get to know things the characters aren't even aware of at the moment. You know they're past, present and future, all together, but you just don't know how it all fits.

The cover is very fitting, and you will get it when you read the novel.

The characters are all enjoyable, including the not so important ones. There is MUCH character development. This novel kind of reminds me of The Notebook, but I think it went further on my favorite scale. The lovers seem to really be Soul Mates. You can feel the connection. Each one knew each other always. Even when they meet one of them always knows the other. It's amazing when they actually get to the point in their life's when they are in the same time.

Amazing how the author makes the relationship seem eccentric, even enchanting, rather than screwed up, or sinister.

The ending left me breathless. And, yes, a little whimpering might have occurred. It's just so frustrating! You know what's going to happen, but you just don't want it to. You want to smack somebody with the SAME book and just tell them to get up their butts and do something. But you can't never mess with the future, because it technically already happen. But how can it happen, if it's the future? You see where i'm going? No? Then read the book.

The past, present, future jumble can be a little confusing, but you get the hang of it quickly.

I can't say much more without sopiling it for you. So I will leave you with this...I cannot wait to watch the movie.

26 comments:

  1. Hmm. I've read reviews and people either hate it or love it. I'm curious now...

    hey, I have a link to a contest I think you might be interested in ;) check out my sidebar when ya can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to read this!! Great review-- I wonder if I should try to read this before the movie comes out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've read this and enjoyed it sooooo much! i love your review of it =) totally made me cry when you mentioned 2056 =) omg and the movie was also really good haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book, it's one of my favourites. I didn't think it translated well to screen, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taschima, this is one of my favourite books. So glad you liked it and like you I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED this book and I cried like a little baby at the end, well maybe the last 100 pages lol. I can't wait to see the movie! I'm going on Tuesday.

    I'm happy you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book. I did much more than whimper at the end!!! I want to see the movie too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see someone leave a review, I hope I'll get an ally in the I Hate This Book group. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought this book yesterday because of the love it is getting from my friends. And now you say it is well worth the read. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read this, I have it on hold at the library and it's taking forEVER. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda, I didn't particularly like this one either but I didn't hate it. I think it was just personal preference in my case cuz I can see why people would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm more excited about this now!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this book, too. It's one of my very favorites -- and I agree, it's good that the author got it to be enchanting. (I was worried from just the description that it would be creepy.)

    Awesome review. I can't wait to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. u ready fast! this book looks interesting. i think theres a movie out coming out based an this book.

    come pick up ur award here

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually have this but haven't read it yet. Probably need to. lol. Glad you liked it sooo much. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVED this book. I'm glad you did too. Can't wait for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't dig this one. Pirate Penguin is right. I think people love or hate this one.


    So hey who was your favorite character? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I heard about the book previously, but wasn't really interested. But then those movie trailers came out....Whoa! I want to get a hold of a copy soon. Glad you enjoyed it so much. That makes me more excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Juju favorite character must be Henry, followed by Clare. You just get to know them soo much, to their very core. And well, you watch them grow.

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Time travel, it's a cornucopia of confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this one. Great post, we seemed to take a lot of the same idea from it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh I LOVE this book! It's one of my all time favorites. I saw the movie and liked it. I think they did a really good job with the casting, but of course, the book was better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The movie looks amazing, but I'd rather read the book! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this book. It's actually my all-time favourite book so I'm glad you really enjoyed it. I can't write a review about the book - I love it too much. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read this book earlier this year and i LOVED it! A sad and sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've seen such a mix of reactions to this book. I was going to pass it by but I am really starting to get the feeling that I am going to have to read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...