•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 10 March 2011

The Reason for my Absence, and the Fruits of it.

Well to be completely honest I haven't been in the mood to post lately. Ive been going through some personal stuff. I wish I could blame it all on school, but I can't. My boyfriend recently went to boot camp and that was a downer (even tho I'm so proud of him) because I won't be able to see or talk to him for 3 months. I can write letter though, so it's time to take my fancy pen for a ride and practice my letter writing skills ;)

So that is the reason I haven't been in the mood for posting. BUT, since I need to keep myself hell a busy for the next few months I decided to challenge myself.


My own personal challenge: The Read-a-Ton challenge. I am planning to read 50 books in the next 3 months. 50 books, in 3 months. It's a challenge all right. My rules:

1. You can count re-reads towards this challenge. Hello, even if you have read them already it doesn't mean you aren't taking your time when re-reading them! Like for example I just re-read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and I plan to re-read the entire series. I am sure as hell counting it.

2. You can count books you already read at the beginning of the year, but you can't count any books after June 10 (that's when this particular challenge ends).

3. If I think of any other rules Ill let you know.

Basically, I want to keep busy. This challenge may well be impossible (add in work, college plus BEA) but I will try to accomplish it nonetheless!!!

If you plan to participate in this challenge put this badge at your blog. This one:


So this is the list for now:

01. Cum Laude by Cecily Von Ziegesar
02. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
03. Vesper by Jeff Sampson
04. The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
05. Awakened by P.C.Cast
06. This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
07. Afterlife by Claudia Gray
08. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
09. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
10.
11.
12.
...

Have fun, and from now on I will try to be more active.

7 comments:

  1. Aw I know how hard that is, I was best friends with a girl who went off to bootcamp. I'm not sure I would have 50 books done by June 10th but I wish you the best with your personal challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you didn't feel like posting. Good thing you can write your man letters.

    And you really have challenged yourself there with 50 books in three months. Good luck, and have fun!

    I couldn't even come close, but I'll cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to go for this challenge too. There are so many awesome books coming out everyday that I am missing out on so i want to challenge myself too. And after I take my S.A.T's this Saturday, I want a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, girl! Good luck with all that reading, and I hope things get better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, I'm sorry about why you haven't wanted to post much lately. I wouldn't want to either if my husband went off to boot camp.

    Good luck on your challenge! Hope you get 50+ done before your deadline. I wish I could join, but I know I won't be able to do that right now. My goal for the entire year is 50 books. But my baby is due in 2 weeks, so I'm not sure how much reading I will get done in the next couple of months until we get him on a schedule, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read 91 last in 2010 and that felt like a lot! best of luck to your 50 in 3 months! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, good luck, Tasch! I just about managed to read 50 books in total in 2009 so to do it in 3 months? Wow. Go for it, girl! ;-)

    ~*~*~

    Ceri

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...