•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Sunday 18 May 2014

So I Started Reading The Immortal Crown (Age of X #2) by Richelle Mead...

... and while I may not be a huge fan of the continuation of the cover art (see original here) I do have to admit the story line is going fantastically. I enjoyed Gameboard of the Gods a lot and I do beliebe The Immortal Crown is doing a better job of further introducing us to this bizarre new world and all it's limitations. Plus we are getting to see better now the "end game" of these so called gods.


"What have you done?" he asked.
Her answer was preempted by the sound of pounding at the guesthouse's exterior door. "They're looking for me," she blurted out. "But only one actually saw me."
Justin sighed and pulled back the covers. "Take off your clothes and get over here."
Mae didn't hesitate. She shed everything in the corner and was in bed with him by the time she heard voices just outside their door. To her astonishment, he pulled her down in a kiss, his body covering hers as he rolled her onto her back. A surreal mix of feelings took hold of Mae as she instinctively wrapped her arms around him, her hands touching his bare flesh. Fear, of course, was her primary emotion. But her body was so on edge, so amped up with the churning of endorphins and other chemicals, that it also responded quickly to the feelins of desire being stirred up by having his body agaisnt hers. She entangled her legs with his and parted her lips, taking in more of his tongue and mouth. His hands gripped her tighter, and as her heart pounded like some caged animal seeking escape, she couldn't say if it was from panic of desire."
AAAHHHH! Get me a fan will you? This is one of the hottest scenes thus far in the novel. The sexual tension between Justin and Mae is intoxicating, better yet since they so clearly care for each other. I am enjoying this title immensely even more than I did Gameboard of the Gods and I can't wait to read what is in store for Mae and Justin in the next few pages (believe me, it's getting soo good). Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...