•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 9 June 2014

Book Expo America: DAY 2 RECAP

BEA can be full of surprises. It's a place where authors roam free, and if you are lucky (or if you have a very good memory) you can often find them sitting right next to you, waiting in line with you, or just passing right by you. Like celebrities *.* We were lucky enough to bump into Sarah Beth Durst in line! She is the sweetest person ever, she also has a very creative mind (all of her books are pretty much awesome). She was kind enough to stop and talk to us and take a picture!

Me, Sarah Beth Durst, and Lexie @Poisoned Rationality.
You should definitely check out her latest title LOST. I got it at BEA and I cannot WAIT to read it! I also went right by Melissa Marr and said "Hello Miss Marr" and kept right on going because she seemd busy at the time. Cassandra Clare and Holly Black also made an appearance by their Iron Trail line before they were scheduled to sign. That was pretty cool of them!


Sarah J Maas line along with other lines...

BEA Day 2 was intense. I had a couple of signings in the morning all of which I had to scratch off because Sarah J Maas was signing at 11:30 a.m. You would think that gives you enough time to go about your morning and get books right? WRONG. Dead wrong. The line for Sarah J Maas started at 9 a.m. on the dot. EVERYONE wanted Heir of Fire, so my roomies and I made a pact. We would forsake everything else in our schedules in order to start the Sarah J Maas line, but we weren't the only ones who had that plan. Anyhow we made it pretty early so we were one of the first 25 people to get the book.

We might have been a bit bored in line so we started doing silly stuff. Like this. This is Tegan my roomie and friend, I made her a beard out of her hair. She looks pretty great.

Tegan, Lexie, and Kylene (roomies)
 
Sarah J. Maas in all her glory.

After the Sarah J Maas signing (which pretty mcuh took forever) we all split up again to go to our other signings.  There were a few dissapointments this year, like for example Alli Condie was at BEA to promote her newest title ATLANTIA (which sounds pretty freaking great, and if you need convincing just read the excerpt), and Marie Lu was there also to promote The Young Elites (ALSO great! Read the excerpt I beg of you). They were HIGH on my list but then I found out they were only signings samplers and all my dreams died. I mean they are high demand authors but truth be told I've met them in the past and I didn't want to go an hour long line in order to get a sampler. So that was that.



Overall however I had a ton of fun. I got to reunite with old friends and I met some very cool new people as well. and that's all that matters. The lines were handled beautifully and the volunteers were all very nice (except that one girl who was managing the Holly Black/Cassandra Clare line...) Plus we all got to meet some of the best authors in the world and get their books signed. How cool is THAT?

BOOK HAUL: Day 2

Grainy picture, but you get the gist.




Next day is BookCon... Lord have mercy...

1 comment:

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...