•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Mystic City and Eve & Adam!


I have got some awesome books this week!

Expected publication: October 9th 2012
by Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
A magical city divided.
A political rebellion ignited.
A love that was meant to last forever. 
Aria Rose, youngest scion of one of Mystic City’s two ruling rival families, finds herself betrothed to Thomas Foster, the son of her parents’ sworn enemies. The union of the two will end the generations-long political feud—and unite all those living in the Aeries, the privileged upper reaches of the city, against the banished mystics who dwell below in the Depths.
But Aria doesn’t remember falling in love with Thomas; in fact, she wakes one day with huge gaps in her memory. And she can’t conceive why her parents would have agreed to unite with the Fosters in the first place.
Only when Aria meets Hunter, a gorgeous rebel mystic from the Depths, does she start to have glimmers of recollection—and to understand that he holds the key to unlocking her past. The choices she makes can save or doom the city—including herself.

Expected publication: October 2nd 2012
by Feiwel & Friends
Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible. 
While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.

I think I really like the idea of Mystic City (Magic, Politics, and Love, it doesn't get better than this), and Eve and Adam sounds interesting (Secret conspiracy? Count me in!). The Mystic City cover is pretty freaking awesome! The Eve and Adam cover looks pretty cool too, but I am always partial to the dark covers.

What Are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Which of these two books do you prefer?

Waiting on Wednesday is brought to us by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.


4 comments:

  1. Love your choices! I added both of them to my goodreads "to read" list. Thanks for the heads up!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve & Adam looks so good. I'm not sure if it's because I love the cover or because I just love Michael Grant's writing but either way I can't wait to get my hands on this one =) Here's my WoW!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the cover for Mystic City! Still unsure about the story, but we'll see when it's out.

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sound great and I just added them to my GR list. thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...