•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 18 November 2010

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa



Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #III
Pages: 362*
Reading Level: YA
Book Rating: !!!!!
Goodreads Rating: 4.45
Cover Rating: 
Published: January 25, 2011.
by Harlequin TEEN

In less than twenty-four hours I’ll be seventeen.
Although, technically, I won’t actually be turning seventeen. I’ve been in the Nevernever too long. When you’re in Faery, you don’t age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I’m probably only a few days older than when I went in.
In real life, I’ve changed so much I don’t even recognize myself.
MY NAME IS MEGHAN CHASE.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.
THIS TIME,
THERE WILL BE NO TURNING BACK.
Taschima's POV:


This dangerous-exciting-surprising-action packed-heartbreaking novel will leave you breathless. I know this firsthand; by the end of the last page I was sobbing and smiling like a child. Let's just say that when it comes to endings, Julie Kagawa knows how to deliver, and she doesn't mind breaking a few hearts in the process.


As you know this is the third book of The Iron Fey series and supposed to be the last. But who really wants a good thing to end so quickly? I SURE DON'T! So Julie Kagawa has thrown a curved ball at us, there will be a novel after The Iron Queen titled The Iron Knight and it will be from the POV of none other than oh so charming ASH. That is right ladies and gentleman, Miss. Kagawa has done what Stephenie Meyer was too scared to do, and that is given us what we wanted by putting ASH in the spotlight. Hurray for a book with ASH!!!! And I believe that Puck will play a role, so don't go crying your eyes out Puck fans.


Talking too much about the book may spoil it for you and this review will be completely spoil free, so I will proceed to dance with my words.


IT WAS FAN-FRICKING-TASTIC! Whoever doesn't read this book is totally out of their minds! I LOVE THIS SERIES! It's as good as Cassandra Clare's City of Bones series, and the Iron Queen is as perfect as City of Glass was. Julie Kagawa manages to lure you into the world of Fey without any protest from your part, and as you go deeper into it you loose yourself and forget your other self. Vampires, uh? What are those? GIVE ME FEY!


Now really, the book was amazing. The book ends where The Iron Daughter ended, Meghan ans Ash have been banished from the Fae realms, and so they must make their own way in the mortal world now. First things first Meghan must visit her family, but as she makes that visit fate will step in and change her plans once more. So now Meghan has to choose to either go back to her old life as a human being, or go back and try to fix the mess that is The Faery Realm.


The character development alone will leave you dumbstruck. Meghan grows at a believable pace and becomes the woman we all knew she could become. The decisions she has to make are not easy, and she still makes them without complain. She is self-less and strong, a great heroine. Ash and Puke? I love them both, and I gotta say that both of them got big roles to play in this book, and neither of them over shadows the other (although I am still a firm team ASH member).


The story was perfectly balanced. There was action, there were riddles, there was romance, jealousy, a fight against time, and also quiet times, but NEVER boring parts. I finished this book in only two days, and it only took me that long because I have actual college classes, and so I have homework that interfered in my way. But I finished it nonetheless!!


Finally, the book stops with a cliffhanger. Not a HUGE one, but still one. Which is when I stopped sobbing and managed to find out about The Iron Knight, the story isn't over yet!! (Thank goodness)


PS; The book was so good, I actually read the eCopy of it, and I NEVER read eCopies. I think that the experience of reading The Iron Queen on my tiny laptop has opened my eyes to the possibilities.


Can't wait for The Iron Knight!!!!


Other Books In this Series:


"I wished that, for once, faery tales – real faery tales, not Disney fairy tales – would have a happy ending."
-Meghan Chase 


*Page # is subject to change.

3 comments:

  1. fantastic review! im glad to hear Ash will get a book =) im going to read this right after i finish my current book, it will be the first book i read on my brand new kindle3!
    Woot!
    i hope i dont cry.. though i know i will if you said its heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =O I couldn't read it all, I don't want to spoil it for when i finallyyy get to read it =D

    My my, it sounds bloody fantastic!!

    I am becoming one of your followers, your reviews rock!

    Jess :)
    http://sheknownasjess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ending, well, it's soooo heartbreaking! aarrgghh....!!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...