•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Yay! It's almost Wednesday but it's still Tuesday so...
Here's a teaser from Medina Hill by Trilby Kent:


"This story began long before I wandered into it.
The story's not entirely mine, after all: Shancha would tell things her way. Then again, if you were very brave and tried to ask the Reverend Cleary- who's been dead for ages now- you'd get another version altogether. According to him, I might only make it in by one toe, like a bandit who jumps onto a moving train just in time to escape the sheriff on his trail."

The book is short, not even 200 pages. So expect a review this week, I think...

For those who don't know about Medina Hill here is a little summary:

In the grimy London of 1935, eleven-year-old Dominic Walker has lost his voice. His mother is sick and his father’s unemployed. Rescue comes in the form of his Uncle Roo, who arrives to take him and his young sister, Marlo, to Cornwall. There, in a boarding house populated by eccentric residents, Marlo, who keeps a death grip on her copy of The New Art of Cooking, and Dominic, armed with Incredible Adventures for Boys: Colonel Lawrence and the Revolt in the Desert, find a way of life unlike any they have known. Dominic’s passion for Lawrence of Arabia is tested when he finds himself embroiled in a village uprising against a band of travelers who face expulsion. In defending the vulnerable, Dominic learns what it truly means to have a voice.

Trilby Kent brilliantly handles a far-off time and place to present a story of up-to-the-minute relevance.

The book came out in October 13, you can buy it at your nearest bookstore or at amazon! Oh and Medina Hill is Trilby Kent's debut novel.

PS; My Ultimate Contest for Fans of Fangs ends tomorrow, so I strongly advice you guys to sign up now. Great free books, what do you have to lose?

5 comments:

  1. coming back toomorow to check out the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an award :D
    http://kileescloset.blogspot.com/2009/10/awards-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm Robyn from Robolobolyn's Books, and I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award!
    Here's the link:
    http://robolobolynsbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award.html

    Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am new to the blogosphere and am checking out some of my fellow book lover's site. Seems like you have put together an awesome project. Any tips on the success that you have had. I am looking to replicate some of the things that people are doing. Any hints on how you have been so successful?

    Thanks, John
    burblingbooks.blogspot.com

    PS. I am now following your blog and have added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...