•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Teaser Tuesday! Tempest Rising

"After all, I knew so little about this world that even hearing about their arguments over whether the nahuals who preferred cat shapes should be given litter boxes or expected to use the toilets "like everybody else" was still informative. Ik kept thinking about Jonathan Swift's famous poem about how "Celia, Celia, Celia shits!" in which the narrator discovers proof that the love of his life -the angelic Celia- goes to the bathroom just like everybody else. In movies or books, you never saw Dracula leave off chasing the virginal heroine to have a wee. But here I was learning that, just like Celia, the supernatural community does -indeed- shit. I found it strangely comforting."

This, was, hilarious. As soon as I read this I went online to see if this poem about Celia exists and guess what, it does! This is one of the thing I live about this book, it contains the supernatural but the author mixes up a lot of real stuff into the story, like music, literature, and so forth.

Plus, its a pretty dirty story, my libido approves ;)


2 comments:

  1. Fab teaser. Sounds like a great book. My two teasers are here

    Don't forget to link your banned book reviews on this weeks Read My Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL what a great teaser! I've heard such great things about this book.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...