•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Friday 17 September 2010

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost


Title: Eternal Kiss of Darkness
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: The Night Huntress World
Pages:
384
Publisher:
Avon
Reading Level: Adult
Publish Date: July 27, 2010.
Rating:
Cover Rating:

An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness...and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears - this fearless, beautiful....human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

Taschima's POV:

And.. She... Did... It... AGAIN!

The first time we meet Mencheres is on One Foot in the Grave, the second book in the Night Huntress Series. In that book, and others, that he appeared on he never got my interest. He seemed just too closed up, too cold. in this book I was expecting to kind of get to know him better, but not like him completely. I basically read it because it said Jeaniene Frost on the front of the book.

But, I got so into the story, and so into him.

In this book Mencheres is tired of it all. His visions have dried up, and his line is safe with Bones as it's leader. All that is left really is to put some business in order before visiting the grave. One night he is intending to do just this, but everything doesn't go according to plan when a human comes to his rescue. Little did she know that by doing the right thing she is getting into a world of trouble. At first he keeps her because she is a liability, but as time wears on he soon finds that she did not only tried to save him that night, but she might have saved him for good.

Kira on the other hand just wanted to do the right thing. She is a private detective, and saving lives is her calling. Poor girl, she got more than she bargained for.

It was great! Of course, typical of Jeaniene Forst, she is turning out to be my all time favorite author! After reading this book I was so high on The Night Huntress World I had to re read The Night Huntress Series all over again. All her books are better than movies, and First Kiss of Darkness is not an exception.

In some ways the relationship between Mercheres and Kia reminded me of the relationship between Vishous and Dr. Jane Whitcomb from Lover Unbound, though they are not the exact same. There is so much happening in this book, life, death, suicide, war, games, sex... Every character gets their own unique story, their unique traits, its awesome.

I loved the ending, though at the end I wanted more. I loved what Jeaniene did with the whole story, she made me love a character that I never thought I would even like, and she managed to keep the two main characters together in a way that I didn't have to go and say Ugh Boooring.

Any Jeaniene Frost fan will love this one, and any one who hasn't read her is missing out big time.

3 comments:

  1. Hola, muy completo tu blog ^^

    Te sigo

    Besos Lecturianos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jeaniene Frost! She's always been my fave author, hands down, ever since I first read the Night Huntress series. Even if the FDOC and EKOD covers with the blood looked quite fake, I still loved the books! They are awesome and I'm pretty sure they're gonna stay that way. Hope it does, because at the moment, not many books can compare to the greatness of the Night Huntress series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sat down and read every book but this one in one week. I actually didn't like Cat at first but I loved everybody by the third book. I can't wait for Vlad to get his own book :)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...