•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 24 July 2012

So I started reading A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

The blond guy from the party --Devin-- was standing by a locker on the far side of the hallway.

And he was staring at me.

His face was expressionless, but the temperature in the hallway seemed to plummet.

He hefted his backpack onto one shoulder and approached. I wanted to head into the room, but I was rooted to the spot. He stopped in front of me.

"I'm sorry about ruinning your party Saturday night."

His voice was quiet, calm, shy. But also sincere. I hadn't been this close to him yet, and now I could see that his eyes were a tranquil blue. Peaceful. It was something I'd longed for since my parents had died -- a place with no troubles.

When I glanced back at asher, I could sense the animosity rolling off him in waves. I looked back and forth between them, unsure of what was going on. Standing there, I felt closed in --trapped-- like I had Saturday night during the fight.
Started out with the basic YA novel "plot". Strange normal girl who meets two strange boys who inexplicably are new to her high school, and have the hots for her (duh), because you know, High School is always the way to go when you are immortal.

It's been cliche after cliche. Nothing interesting thus far, nothing really original. I feel like I'm reading every other YA Paranormal Romance in one. I am hoping some spark of originality will enter the pages some time soon, or at least something to hold my interest.

I think it's because I have read so many YA Paranormal Romance reads that this is happening. But then again every so often every other YA PR manages to cough up an original story line. Well see what happens.

So far: Not completely invested.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... not to be a total downer, but I read this one and couldn't find anything super great about it. Like you, I think it just blended in with all the other YA paranormals out there unfortunately! :(

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, this is why I couldn't really get into it either. I've heard so many things about this one, but the whole thing just fell flat for me. -____-

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...