•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 5 April 2012

So I started reading Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

T.B.Published: May 22nd, 2012

From Gale's POV
"They're good at making it look real. Some humans spend their whole lives making something that isn't look like something that is." 
"Humans are even creepier than I thought. Why pretend to be something you're not?"
--
From Galen's POV:
"She grabs a fistful of his T-shirt. "Are you sleeping with her?"
Sleeping... Didn't Rachel say sleeping and mating are the same thing? Dating and mating are similar. But sleeping and mating are the exact same. He shakes his head. "No, ma'am."
She raises a no-nonsense brow. "Why not? What's wrong with my daughter?" 
That is unexpected. He suspects this woman can sense a lie like Toraf can track Rayna. All she's looking for is honesty, but the real truth would just get him arrested. I'm crazy about your daughter-I'm just saving her for my brother. So he reasons his answer with the frankness she seems to crave. "There's nothing wrong with your daughter, Mrs. McIntosh. I said we're not sleeping together. I didn't say I didn't want to."
Yeah, Gale is sort of weird, he can go from formal to charming in a flat second, but the moments that have made me want to laugh (second quote) or made me think in how true those words are (first quote) have all been with him. Don't get me wrong, the protagonist isn't bad, she has a healthy temper and when she is speaking to Galen in specific is very fun to read, but I think in this installment I am leaning towards Gale being the most interesting of the two (and thus my favorite in the story). I started reading this book today, sat down and figured I would read about 50-100 pages and then  move on with homework... stopped at page 250 and only because I was interrupted. I could have honest to God finished this book in one sitting. There is just something about the romance tension between Gale and Emma that is just interesting to read about (specially if you were low on teenage romance, which I was). Still there is more interesting things to this book, like the mythology behind the Syrenas (which is just Spanish for mermaid) and the extra characters which are just a delight (specially Toraf, there is just something about the male characters in this novel). It isn't like the plot has rocked my world, but so far I have enjoyed reading this book immensely. Review to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be happier to have an eARC of this after seeing your post now. :D Need to get to it as soon as possible. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote just killed me. I really want to read Of Poseidon

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...