•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Sunday 3 July 2011

Rose Hathaway's Song to Dimitri Belikov; YA Love Songs #1

**Spoiler Alert for those who haven't read Spirit Bound, #5 book in the Vampire Academy Series**

I have found the ultimate perfect song for Rose to sing to Dimitri in Spirit Bound after Lissa brings him back from the dead. I heard this song and it all just clicked.

Song's Name: I'll Stand by You

Oh why you look so sad
The tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don’t be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
Cause I’ve seen the dark side too



[This first verse is just when Lissa changed Dimitri. He was weeping in Lissa's arms; Cause I've seen the dark side too? When Dimitri was Strogoi? Rose had seen his dark side too, but she still loves him and wants to help him with his new life]

When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less


[I mean, how obvious is this? No matter how many people Strogoi Dimitri killed, no matter how many f up things he did while being turned will change how Rose feels about the good Dimitri]

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you

[She wont even let the official guardians touch him. She didn't let Eddie kill him in Spirit Bound, nor Dimitri's old mentor turn Strogoi, she actually helped kill that one]

So if you're mad get mad
Don’t hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now

[After Dimitri turns back Rose keeps trying to talk to him over and over again to no avail. He wants nothing to do with her]

Hey, what you got to hide
I get angry too
Well I’m a lot like you



[Rose in numerous occasions has herself admitted how alike Dimitri and her are. And you gotta admit, she has a temper.]

When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
Cause even if you're wrong

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
Take me in into you darkest hour


[He kind of already did take you into his darkest hour girl. About the crossroad, well Dimitri after being turned back has to make decisions about his future, and I'm pretty sure Rose would have gone along with anything.]

And I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you

And when, when the night falls on you, baby
You feeling all alone
You won't be on your own

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
Take me in into you darkest hour
And I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you

Oh I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you


Rose will always stand by him. No matter what he does, she will always try to protect him, even though we all know he doesn't need any protection. I mean come on don't tell me this is not telling the story word for word! I love this song, and it fits perfectly with how Rose feels after Post Strogoi Dimitri.

I think it's hauntingly beautiful.

Below are two videos. One is Carrie Underwood's version of I'll Stand by You, the other is Finn's (Glee) version.






PS; That is Ben Barnes playing the role of Dimitri, and Sophia Bush playing Rose's role. The only two actors in my mind who are worthy ^^

5 comments:

  1. aww that is so cool :) I LOVE VA

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect song for Rose and Dimitri! And I love that song! Haven't heard it in AGES! The Pretendors version. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding theme songs for books! I'll Stand By You is one of my all time favorite songs. It always makes me cry, it's so beautiful. Although I prefer the original version by the Pretenders. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything about VA.. This song is perfect!!!

    Thanks for this post!!!

    I think I might mention this on my blog!!

    thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...