•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Gail Carriger: Heartless Blurb

Gail Carriger is the author of a popular steam punk series called The Parasol Protectorate, its first installment's name is Soulless.
 The Parasol Protectorate books are comedies of manners set in Victorian London: full of vampires, dirigibles, and tea. They are Jane Austen doing urban fantasy meets PG Wodehouse doing steampunk.
- www.gailcarriger.com
Sound familiar? Well if you have been living with the, well, living and not under a rock somewhere then you should know what I'm talking about. Her series is freaking awesome. Ive been waiting for a bit of information on Heartless, the fourth installment in the series, and now, finally, my wish has been granted.

Heartless
Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages
To be Published: June 28, 2011
Publisher: Orbit
Lady Alexia Maccon, soulless, is at it again, only this time the trouble is not her fault. When a mad ghost threatens the queen, Alexia is on the case, following a trail that leads her deep into her husband's past. Top that off with a sister who has joined the suffragette movement (shocking!), Madame Lefoux's latest mechanical invention, and a plague of zombie porcupines and Alexia barely has time to remember she happens to be eight months pregnant.
Will Alexia manage to determine who is trying to kill Queen Victoria before it is too late? Is it the vampires again or is there a traitor lurking about in wolf's clothing? And what, exactly, has taken up residence in Lord Akeldama's second best closet?
 No cover yet, but I bet it's going to be drool worthy. All the other covers in the series have been.



PS; comment here and get an extra entry in my Goodbye 2010 contest =]

17 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite series. I just finished Blameless and cannot wait for this one! I love the description. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    Although I find it very hard to imagine either of Alexia's sisters joining the suffragettes. Ivy or Alexia, maybe, but not one of the sisters! I'm really looking forward to this book, thanks for sharing!

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These covers look really cool. Plus i have been living under rock and have realised the error of my ways. I am definitely going to check this series out. You got my attention. I'm glad you did a post on them otherwise i would be oblivious and never realise the major sin i committed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot WAIT to read Blameless (I've had it on order from my library for what seems like forever. Very excited for the next one too, this series always seems to keep me surprised. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this series! The covers are fantastic; I haven't seen any others quite like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm entered in the contest :)

    I uploaded these books to my reader and have really been meaning to get to them (endless to-read pile) the covers are what first sucked me in too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the third cover-Blameless and can't wait to see the next cover. I think the first cover she looks unnatural, I mean the pose. Like she's got a broken back or something.

    I'm just starting this series.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THESE BOOKS, I GOT THE FIRST FOR XMAS, READ IT THE SAME DAY, AND THEN BOUGHT THE NEXT TWO WITH MONEY I GOT FOR XMAS.
    LUCKY FOR ME, THE NEXT BOOK IS OUT RIGHT AROUND MY BIRTHDAY, SO ONTO THE LIST IT GOES.
    READING THE BLURB HAS JUST MADE ME MORE IMPATIENT FOR THE RELEASE DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore the theme of these covers! I have her first two books sitting on my shelf but I haven't had the chance to read them yet.

    I've heard the series is fantastic though =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I really enjoyed the first book, and I mean really enjoyed it, I don't read this series anymore. The characters and story were great and I loved the setting and the steampunkiness, but there was just too much content to skip over. Glad your wish came true, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't read this series yet xD I need to pick it up soon, it's steampunk after all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen these on another blog I was looking at but they didn't seem to be what Id usually be interested in, but I may pick it up if I see it in a store just because of the enthusiasm you seem to have for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the covers for these books, they are beautiful! I just bought the first book and sadly haven't read it yet. I can't wait to see the cover for Heartless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this series, but the covers look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started reading this series because of your blog, I saw the review. I read the books and fell in love!! I can;t wait for heartless. I read somewhere that there are supposed to be 5 books!!! we're on number4....oooooooooooh, can't wait!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not had the pleasure to read this series yet, I have heard so many great things about it and I really have to start it soon. I have the first one waiting for me on my shelf.
    The good thing about it is that the longer I wait the more books has been released.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard extremely good things about this series but I've still not given it a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...