•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Review: Changeless by Gail Carriger


Title: Changeless
Author: Gail Carriger
Pages: 374
Publisher: Orbit
Reading Level:
Adult
Publish Date: April 01, 2010.
Cover Rating: Photobucket
RatingPhotobucket

Alexia Tarabotti, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria.

But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her to Scotland, the backwater of ugly waistcoats, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only the soulless can.

She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.

Taschima's POV:

Alexia Tabarotti doesn't stop surprising me. In the first book we meet her and, a few of us, fall in love with her, including oh so big and strong Lord Maccon. They get married and blah blah, something very unexpected since Alexia considered herself to be a lifelong single lady. Everything is going great in their marriage, until one day Lord Maccon wakes up screaming, something not unexpected because it occurs quite often but this time he packs his bag, figuratively, and flees. Why did her husband leave so suddenly? Why are the supernatural people turning human for bits of time? These are mysteries that only Alexia Maccon can solve...

This series NEVER lets down! it continues to posses the charm that the previous book had along with all the social rules which make the book more believable; Alexia has maids and help around the house, she can't go out of the country without a chaperon, and it would be a HORRIBLE thing for a scandal to occur, things like that.

But, if it's even possible, it's better then its previous installment!! We get to see Lady and Lord Maccon in their relationship as husband and wife and it's really fun and quite frankly a lil bit empowering to witness, she can handle that man like no other. We also get to see a bit of Lord Maccon's past, and more references to Lady Tabarotti's father; I swear that man's existence is cloaked in mystery.

We also take a trip to Scotland and meet some old friends of Lord Maccon, and as always someone is trying to kill someone, but who is it? And why?

The ending is by far the BEST part of the entire book!!!!!!!!! Not because it ended, oh far from it, but because it's kind of a cliffhanger, SUCH a good one!!! I was like, UGH WHYYY!! I want Blameless RIGHT NOW!!! I got to read the first chapter of Blameless (came along in the book) and it only left me wanting more.

A story which is hard to forget, with characters which are witty and charming in their own soulless ways. If you haven't read this series I strongly recommend you to give it a try! It might just be your perfect cup of tea.

Previous Installment:

(Click the pic, for my review!)

4 comments:

  1. I have Soulless in my TBR mountain. It's probably one I'm going to read really soon though since everyone seems to really like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Soulless and have Changeless in my pile of tbr books. I'm glad to hear you loved this possibly more than the previous book! Must move it higher up my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! I have this one on my bookshelf, but I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...