•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 3 April 2014

Throwback Thursday (1): 2010 YA Titles.

Recently I caught myself staring at my TBR online pile at Goodreads and realized that I am NEVER going to finish it. I might make a dent in my lifetime, and if I took a year long vacation from my normal day to day I might even finish 75% of books in that bad boy pile before I collapse from mental exhaustion... Point is there are some really great titles out there, titles I didn't even get a chance to read before the next big thing came along and forgotten was my latest flame.

Every year I find myself adding more and more titles to my TBR pile (I mean I am already making lists and looking forward to titles that will be released in 2015!), and while this may be the norm and totally natural for a book-aholic it makes me sad to think of all the other great titles that slipped through the cracks. They deserve their time in the spotlight as well and I am going to give it to them. Who's with me?! (*hears imaginary cheer*)

 photo cheering_zps0023177d.gif


In this post, every Thursday, I will showcase TWO titles of my own choosing. One will be a title I read, one will be a title that is currently seating on my TBR pile collecting e-dust. Every week I will have a different theme to this post, like for example today's showcase is about 2010 YA titles. Mind you, after a while the themes might just repeat, but who cares as long as the titles stay fresh?



VIXEN
by Jillian Larkin
Goodreads Rating: 3.79
Published December 14th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers 

Every girl wants what she can’t have. Seventeen-year-old Gloria Carmody wants the flapper lifestyle and the bobbed hair, cigarettes, and music-filled nights that go with it. Now that she’s engaged to Sebastian Grey, scion of one of Chicago’s most powerful families, Gloria’s party days are over before they’ve even begun . . . or are they?

Clara Knowles, Gloria’s goody-two-shoes cousin, has arrived to make sure the high-society wedding comes off without a hitch but Clara isn’t as lily-white as she appears. Seems she has some dirty little secrets of her own that she’ll do anything to keep hidden. . . .

Lorraine Dyer, Gloria’s social-climbing best friend, is tired of living in Gloria’s shadow. When Lorraine’s envy spills over into desperate spite, no one is safe. And someone’s going to be very sorry.

From debut author Jillian Larkin, Vixen is the first novel in the sexy, dangerous, and ridiculously romantic new series set in the Roaring Twenties . . . when anything goes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why I STILL want to read this title: Tell me you aren't impressed by that cover? It's TO DIE for. Other than that I want to read it so I can be submerged in the 1920s flapper lifestyle (which I've always considered to be one of the FUNNEST decades), because of the inevitable drama and struggle for power, and the hopeful sizzling romance.



Paranormalcy
by Kierten White
REVIEW here
Goodreads Rating: 3.95
Published August 31st 2010 by HarperTEEN

Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.

But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read it, and I might even read it again: This one if definitely one I would consider re-reading. From what I can remember (guys, it's 4 years later) Elvie was a very fun character to read about and the writing style was light and allowed yourself to just be completely submerged in the book. It was a fun, light (yet dark), read I will definitely add to my other never ending pile "the books I wish to re-read someday". 

Anyways, I hope I brushed off some dust from some of your titles that are in TBR status. Hopefully I made you remember of those that fell through the cracks, and if anything made you aware of some oldies that are still very much relevant and dying to be read.

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! For every 1 book I read on my Goodreads tbr pile, I add 5! Most days I think Goodreads is heavenly, and other days I think it just gives me too much access to the millions of books out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the 'old' books. It makes me realise I will never ever get bored or be without a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flappers reminds me that I need to finish the Bright Young Things series still.

    ★ Under The Mountain ★

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...