I got to New York at around 2:30 I believe along with Lexie and Tegan from Poisoned Rationality and Bri from The Book Pixie. We then went to the hotel, more on that later, met up with Briana from BAM Book Reviews and then we went to the Javits to pick up our badges. After which a big group formed and we went to TGI Fridays to eat, I however skipped TGI Fridays because I had a Scholastic event to attend, and right after a HarperCollins event to attend (I was late to this one, but more on that later).
I think I will review the various parts of my day and give them a rating. How 'bout that?
First, the Hotel
Dum, dum, dum...
The hotel's name was The Chelsea Star Hotel.
Things that were wrong with it:
- NO ELEVATOR. Being it BEA an elevator is a must! After a loong day of carrying books around stairs are a bitch! The first days the guys that worked at the place helped us carry the bags up, but after that first day we had to do it on our own. It took forever, all of us (minus Tegan, that girl is super strong) are not that strong.
- The water pressure was crap. But if the hotel had had an elevator I would have been fine with it. Still, crap water pressure.
- It was big! we had space for all of our stuff, our suitcases, our books, everything! There were 5 of us, loots of stuff.
- The Ac worked perfectly. You never know in these hotels.
- It had a mini kitchen with a mini fridge, microwave, and everything. It was nice to be able to buy food and store it somewhere (not have to throw it away).
- It looked very nice. Hardwood floors, 3 full beds, a nice looking bathroom... Overall it was pretty great.
- Close to the Javits Center, and even closer to Penn Station and the post office. This was of course very helpful cause we didn't have to walk to much with suitcases full of books!
|Me (on top), Tegs (middle) and Lexie (bottom). You can tell we are having so much fun messing with Lexie lol|
|Nice looking apartment style room.|
|That hotel was great and all, but the elevator? BIG DEAL. Those stairs were a bitch!|
After the hotel and the Javits and the TGI Fridays semi trip I went to the Scholastic event and it was awesome! Here are some pictures:
|Maggie Stiefvater fell to the floor (on purpose) while playing out a part. She is hilarious, and very committed to the part.|
I got there about 20 minutes into the reception. They had drinks and food, which was awesome because I hadn't eaten anything all day long! There I met up with Nikki from Wicked Awesome Books, and re met Dominique from The Book Vault (she is such a sweet girl! We hang out more this year, and I can't wait to hang out some more next year ^^).
What made the event so awesome is that the authors had scripts from their books and they were each playing out characters, instead of every one reading their thing one at a time. And they were so funny! Hilarious really, the guys played old classy ladies and they nailed it! Oh how I wish they made an audio book together lol
After I left they gave us some swag and on a table they had a selection of books you could pick and choose from, I took these babies with me:
Overall Grade for this event:
|A is for Amazing!|
I was planning to leave this event a little early so I could attend the HarperCollins event, but alas I was having too much fun so I didn't leave. I got to the HarperCollins event a little late, but still made it. It was at the K Lounge, a fantastic place that I want to attend later on, you know when I am 21 and allowed to have a drink. I had a Pepsi, met up with Lexie, and got a great bag from them! I left most of the books they gave away behind because they were mostly adult books and I figured someone else would appreciate them more.
Overall Grade for this event:
|I enjoyed it very much. B is for Berry good lol|
This was a long ass post... so imagine when I write the one for the first day of BEA. I have lots of pictures, but will only post a few here. If you want to see all the pictures I recommend you go to the Bloody Bookaholic Facebook page where I will be posting all of the pictures.