•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 18 November 2013

Sneak Peak, Chapter One: The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa

I am so excited for The Forever Song! It's one of my top 5 expected books for 2014. But, April 2014 is a LONG time to wait, so here is a little sneak peak of The Forever Song, a little bite of chapter one, that was at the end of The Iron Traitor review copy (another fantastic addition to the The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten series if I say so myself). 

Release Date: April 2014
"Where were they? It wasn't possible that an entire outpost of mortals would up and disappear without a trace.
And then, as we followed the path around the pasture and up to the huge barn at the top of the rise, we found the townspeople.
A massive, barren tree stood beside the barn, twisted branches clawing at the sky. They creaked and swayed beneath the weight of dozens of bodies, hanging upside down from ropes tied to the limbs. Men, women, even a few kids, swinging in the breeze, dangling arms stiff and white. Their throats had been cut, and the base of the tree was stained black, the blood spilled and wasted in the snow. But the smell nearly knocked me over regardless, and I clenched my fists, the Hunger raking my insides with fiery talons.
"Well," Jackal muttered, crossing his arms and gazing up at the tree, "isn't that festive." His voice was tight, as if he, too, was on the edge of losing it. "I'm guessing this is the reason we haven't found a single bloodbag from here all the way back to New Convington." He growled, shaking his head, lips curling back from his fangs. "This guy is really starting to piss me off."
I swallowed the Hunger, trying to focus through the gnawing ache. "Why, James, don't tell me you feel sorry for the walking meatsacks," I taunted, because sometimes, goading Jackal was the only thing that kept my mind off everything else. He snorted and rolled his eyes.
"No, sister, I'm annoyed because they don't have the decency to be alive so I can eat them."
This sneak peak is so bloody and intense! I can picture that tree so clearly, this book is definitely not for the faint of heart. Men, women, even little kids... Oh gosh, I don't want to be creepy but this is just so dark, I can't freaking wait. Julie Kagawa seems to not be pulling any punches, she is writing it like it is. Vampires are Vampires, and they can be merciless and scary as all hell. What do you think of this sneak peak? Too bloody for you? Not bloody enough? I can't wait for more!!


*Quotes are subject to change.

4 comments:

  1. I will have to wait when it comes out because its too close to my birthday that my family will kill me but I want it NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. When does it come out? Or did it already

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the end bit between Jackel and Allie I laughs my ass off at it

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...