•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Friday 24 October 2014

US VS Germany; Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)Die Stadt des roten Todes - Das Mädchen mit der Maske
US - German

And so the battle begins! Both covers are very alluring, but which one is better?

US Cover- I love the red and black and white combination, I love the parasol, I love the font of the cover, and I love the background. Basically, I love it all. It is an amaing cover and the effects were done wonderfully. I also kind of like how the model is pretty much hidden, behind the font, the effects and the parasol.

German Cover- Don't those clouds look a little dangerously orange? I believe that it is going for red but I see more orange. I like the model's tatoo (specially if it has something to do with the story; haven't read the book but really want to) and I like the red dress. I don't like the font; it isn't anything special.

So while the german cover has some things going for it, I am going to have to  and choose the US cover as being the best one of the bunch. It just looks different and seriously kick ass. It fits the title of the book.

 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Taschima! (long time no see :D)
    Usually covers for different countries are strikingly different, but these two look alarmingly similar :) I'm a bit biased against models on covers in dreamy/mysterious backdrops, but nevertheless, I think these are both great covers. And haha, the clouds do look strangely orange :D I do agree with you that the US cover fits the title and idea or the book better than the German one!

    I love these book cover posts :)
    Happy reading!
    -Kirthi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually prefer the orange colouring and effects and image of the German edition but they used the same stock image used on the cover of Die for Me by Amy Plum which unfortunately distracts the beauty of the cover. I also prefer the text layout and style on the US edition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the US version better! I recently read the novel, and to tell you the truth - the tattoo has no significance to the novel. Personally, I think the German cover looks like a bad Photoshop design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For font alone the US cover wins; it just stands out so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY like the German one.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...