•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Monday 3 March 2014

US VS UK, Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1) by Jay Kristoff

Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)
US - UK
So it's back for an encore! I just saw these kick ass covers online and I just had to do the usual US VS UK.

The US cover- I love the black and red background! I also love the art, the girl with the sword (katana?), and the bird in the top. Basically I love the US Stormdancer cover!!

The UK cover- I love the sakura petals on the top corner, I also love the background and the pose of the girl. It reminds me of Mulan. I like the font more on this cover than the other cover.

But at the end of the way, who am I kidding, I prefer the US cover because of the colors, and it looks more alive and polished. Plus she looks so bad ass with her back turned back to us.

5 comments:

  1. Why is it that I always like UK covers better? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the US cover, the art is by Jason Chan, one of my favourite artists (he did also the covers for the Theatre Illuminata series by Lisa Manchev).

    I just love the artwork and the striking colours. The title text is done that way because it's to tie in the steampunk aspect of the story but it's hard to tell unless you look at a high resolution image of the cover. I also prefer the text style for the title of the UK cover but the US cover wins here for me. Hopefully Jason sells a print of the cover later on like he does for Eyes Like Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that if you took the background and writing of the UK cover, plus the girl on the US cover and combined them, you'd have a wicked cover. As it is, I like the UK cover better, because the detail is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how bad ass the US cover looks. The UK one looks more warrior-ish but the US one screams assassin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both. I haven't read the book, but I'll bet the two different covers bring to life two different aspects of the book.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...