•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 28 August 2014

NA Review: I Want it That Way by Ann Aguirre

I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1)
Title: I Want it That Way
Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: 2B Trilogy
Book #: 1
Pages: 352
Reading Level: NA
Book Rating: Photobucket
Goodreads Rating: 3.76
Published: August 26th, 2014

Nadia Conrad has big dreams, and she's determined to make them come true—for her parents' sake as well as her own. But between maintaining her college scholarship and working at the local day care to support herself, she barely has time to think, let alone date. Then she moves into a new apartment and meets the taciturn yet irresistible guy in 1B….

Daniel Tyler has grown up too fast. Becoming a single dad at twenty turned his life upside down—and brought him heartache he can't risk again. Now, as he raises his four-year-old son while balancing a full-time construction management job and night classes, a social life is out of the question. The last thing he wants is for four noisy students to move into the apartment upstairs. But one night, Nadia's and Ty's paths cross, and soon they can't stay away from each other.

The timing is all wrong—but love happens when it happens. And you can't know what you truly need until you stand to lose it.

Taschima's POV:
"I won't survive this, will I? But the fireworks will be spectacular."
I Want it That Way was a surprise to me. A happy surprise at that. With the New Adult genre sometimes you get really good books, or really bad books. There is no in between, so every time I try a new one I dip my toe with some serious trepidation. I Want it That Way was different though, I actually really liked it. Well written with engaging characters that are not cliche. It is the story of two people who find themselves attracted to each other but who have some REAL LIFE reasons why they have to thread lightly around their attraction. Oh, and did I mention it is also a very dirty book? Not crude, just deliciously dirty. I liked it so much I am already conspiring with the gods in order for me to get the sequel NOW.
"Not all love stories end happily. Sometimes they just end."
I liked how real the relationship between the characters felt. Nadia is a College Junior student who is studying to be a teacher. Part time she works for a pre-k day care center. Once she moves into her new building she meets her new neighbor, the red headed grumpy guy. This self proclaimed red headed grumpy asshole's name is Ty. Ty goes to school at night (studying to be an architect) and during the day he works to support his 4 year old child the adorable Sam. Soon Nadia and Ty start having late night balcony conversations, they are clearly attracted to each other, but can this relationship ever end well? Ty has Sam to think about after all, and Nadia is just starting with her future life plans. Will they overcome these obstacles, or will they find a way to make it work?

The thing about this story is that the characters act in such a way to make it not be like every other formulated story out there. They are mature, which is a good thing! Sure we want reckless sometimes, but we also like when characters act in a way that seems real. It makes them approachable and I can definitely see something like this happening to someone in RL. I Like it That Way is about how in life sometimes things don't go as planned, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Not every standard circumstance fits everybody, everybody is different and with different desires/priorities.
"It gets me hot when you can't help it, when you cut loose—"
Did I mention this book was deliciously dirty? It didn't shy away nor was it too much; perfect balance. The sex scenes? *long whistle* Gotta read it. Though the tender scenes are just as good really. It got the romance part just right.

I Want it That Way is a quick and enjoyable read. This is the kind of well thought out stories that the NA genre needs desperately. I read it in less than 24 hours, and already have the sequel pre-ordered ;)

Taschima's Reading Progress:

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds like a winner!!! But I wouldn't expect anything less than awesome from Ann Aguirre :)

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...